The Delaware Church - Outdoor Summer Sunday Services
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR SERVICE
All attendees, members or guests, are required to complete this registration form if they are attending our Sunday Service in person. See below for details.
Lums Pond Road, Bear, DE 19701
Area 1 Waterfront, Outdoor Services
We will be meeting outdoors from June through August. Please bring your own chair or blanket. There is plenty of shade in the area we will be meeting, however, canopies are welcome and permissable at the park.
>>> REGISTER HERE FOR SERVICE <<<
Whenever there is inclement weather, we will meet virtually for a live broadcast.
Inclement weather decisions will be made by Saturday evening by 5pm and posted here and on the homepage.
Why Must I Register?
All attendees, members or guests, are required to complete this registration form if they are attending our Sunday Service in person.
Registration allows us to contact attendees in the rare or unexpected event that there is a positive COVID case at our event. This information will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
Registration will open up Friday at 12:00am every week!
Is there still a virtual option?
Due to poor signal out at the park, we were not able to set up a live broadcast. The service will be recorded and posted later in the afternoon.
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel. When the video is posted, you'll be notified! We hope to have up by 3pm each Sunday.
Where? Lums Pond State Park, Area 1 Waterfront!
We will be meeting outdoors from June through August. Directions with pictures are below!
Suggested things to bring:
- Bible and notebook of course!
- Lyrics for song worship (you can view them on your phone/tablet or print them out!)
- Bring a chair or blanket
- Canopies are permissible at the park (optional)
- Bug spray
- Bottle of water
- Considerations for parents of youth
PAID parking? How do I get that???
ARRIVE BETWEEN 9:45-10:10am AND YOUR PARKING IS PAID!
There will be an a member of the church onsite at the gate to greet and pay for your entry.
If you arrive after 10:10am you will need to pay their own entry and submit receipt for reimbursement.
Did you know your pass is good all day? Hang onto it! You can use it to even if you leave and return later.
Directions to Lums Pond Area 1 Waterfront
Click on this address for a Google Map: Lums Pond Road, Bear, DE 19701.
You can also use the pictures and written directions below:
- Take the Howell School Road Entrance to Lums Pond State Park
- Follow signs for "Area 1" - this should take you to the very end of the road where there will be no more options to drive further.
- This is also the same parking lot for the Lums Pond attraction "Go Ape" Tree tops ropes course adventure.
- Head toward the restroom building and through the awning of the building toward the water
- See images and captions below for more details.
From the parking lot, you should be able to see this restroom building that is toward the waterfront. You should also see the "Go Ape" signs and ropes course (on the opposite direction of the restrooms) to indicate you're in the right place.
Go through the awning of the restroom building toward the waterfront.
We will be seated under the trees facing the water. Ushers will help direct you as you arrive.
You can read our outdoor meeting policy and procedure for Sundays through the summer here so you can see how we're planning and thinking through the service. This document provides information about:
- Masking and social distancing guidelines - do I have to wear a mask?
- How ushers will interact - a contactless role
- Communion preparation and options - a clean procedure or BYOC
- Online Offering Collection
Wednesday, 7:30pm (virtual via Zoom)
Our Wednesdays follow this schedule:
1st Wednesday - All Midweek (everyone meets)
2nd Wednesday - Men's Midweek
3rd Wednesday - Women's Midweek
4th Wednesday - Family Group Leaders' Training Midweek
5th Wednesday - Fellowship Midweek (an opportunity for small groups to meet or to have family-to-family time or one-on-one times of fellowship)
For Zoom links, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 302.709.1331